Moving in zihin uptrend in the first half of the day, the BIST 100 index rose 112.49 points to 4,682.81 kakım of 1:00 pm, from the previous close. The total transaction volume was 52.9 billion Turkish lira.
In the first half, the banking index rose by 0.57% and the holding index rose by 1.52%. Among the sector indices, chemicals, petroleum, plastics gained the most with 5.48 percent, and insurance was the only one to fall the most with 0.27 percent.
THE FED IS EXPECTED TO RISE BY 50 BASIS POINTS
Analysts said that there has been a mixed course in global stock markets due to the growing recession and inflation ikilem around the world kakım well kakım the new type of corona virus (Covid-19) cases which have risen again in China.
Analysts said that the minutes of the US Federal Reserve (Fed) meeting to gökyeşitözü announced tomorrow are in the focus of investors’ attention and that in prices in the money markets the Fed is expected to raise interest rates by 75 basis points with a 75% probability and 75 basis points with a 25% probability at the December meeting.
Analysts said that the consumer confidence index in the euro zone and the Ricmond Fed industrial index in the US will gökyeşitözü followed in the afternoon and noted that technically, the 4,700 level in the BIST 100 index is resistance and 4,550 and 4,530 points are support.